Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It came and it was wonderful

Sunday was my birthday. I was having a hard time accepting that this birthday was coming. Les would ask me how I wanted to celebrate and I just wanted to ignore it. I received lots of great advice from those who have already survived it and when it finally arrived it was wonderful. The day started by attending church and listening to a beautiful Christmas program. Les was the narrator and did a fabulous job.


I was honored to have Mom, Laurie, Kent, Paul, and Jon join us for dinner. We used the Spode Christmas (wedding) China and the table was beautiful (forgot to get that picture.) They were all very sweet to me as we celebrated the day. Chase and Les made me a four layer (two cake mixes) chocolate cake. It was amazing. The kids were adamant that the correct number of candles be put on the cake. Chase did have the fire extinguisher close at hand. Kent, Jon, Paul, Les & Chase are all needed to light the candles on the cake.
Getting ready to blow out the candles. I need all the help I can get. Rex and Chase are ready.
We did it. It was great to have Mom with us for the celebration.


The evening finished with opening presents. Some of my favorites were the beautiful bag Chase made for me and the book of pictures Rex had drawn. I am very blessed. I have an amazing family and a great life.

No comments: