Friday, December 18, 2009

General Young Women Meeting Choir 2009

March 28, 2009. This experience was one of the highlights of the year.
In December of 2008 I received a call to serve as the Choir Manager for the YW choir that would sing at the General Young Women's Meeting on March 28, 2009. My responsibilities were to "manage" 364 young women from 10 stakes in the Salt Lake Area who would be participating in the choir. I had the opportunity to meet and work with wonderful people who helped with the choir. There were many tender mercies along the way. Les was amazing as supported me and took care of everything at home so I could complete this assignment. It was a full time job for several months. It was a life changing experience. I wish I had more pictures but here are a few from the dress rehearsal and final practice before the performance.
Left - Kristen - Executive assistant to the Young Women Presidency
Right -Merrilee the choir director - she was amazing with the young women

Chase and Les were able to come to the dress rehearsal (Rex was at the symphony with his kindermusik class). This is Chase up on the stage at the conference center.

A great picture of my back as I give instructions one more time to the choir. Lots and lots of details.

Myself and Julie. Julie is a member of the Young Women General Board. She was the person I was blessed to have lead and guide me through this experience. I already knew Julie because we grew up together in Parley's Stake and that was a great comfort.

The view from the back of the Conference Center. One of the challenges for the choir was to find the specific colored blouses required. They were hard to come by but in the end it was well worth the search. The sunburst colors looked great.

Colleen and Dave. Dave was the High Councilman assigned from our Stake to help with the choir. He was amazing. He was willing and able to do anything asked of him.

From Left to Right: Craig - 2nd Counselor in our Stake Presidency, Margie (his wife) 1st Counselor in Stake YW Presidency, Melissa - Stake- YW Secretary, Kathleen - Stake YW President, Linda - Stake YW 2nd Counselor
Craig was my Stake contact and he was so supportive and available to help. The Stake Young Women Presidency were invaluable. I couldn't have done this job without them. They were my go to gals. I loved getting to know and work with them.

No comments: